SmartBear is the choice of more than two million software professionals and over 25,000 organizations in 90 countries that use its products to build and deliver the world's best software applications. The company's user centric application management solutions support the key software delivery processes of development, testing, API readiness and application performance management across desktop, Web and mobile platforms. With millions of developers, testers and operations teams already using its products, SmartBear is profitable, growing, global and poised to support the emergence of DevOps. Be a smart bear.
SmartBear offers an opportunity to learn about the software industry from a team of fun, motivated, and smart Individuals. Our Corporate Accounting group is looking for a Revenue Manager to join the team. The selected individual will manage the revenue operations team and own the global revenue recognition process. This position will be a great opportunity to learn and experience US and International Accounting as it relates to the software industry.
- Manage the revenue operations team
- Manage the global revenue recognition in accordance with U.S. GAAP, assist with legal counsel on terms and conditions negotiations, enforce Company policies with the Sales function
- Manage the monthly close process, including preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Document revenue recognition positions on non-standardized sales
- Partner with FP&A to support internal measurement reporting
- Assist with financial and tax audits for a global business
- Lead accounting projects and initiatives for the revenue operations and coordinating other Sales function-based projects
- Perform other duties and provide ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor degree in related field of Accounting and/or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred and/or minimum 5 years of accounting experience
- Moderate to strong technical accounting skills and knowledgeable of US accounting standards, particularly with ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in documenting accounting positions
- Strong analytical, research skills, and problem-solving skills
- Highly detailed oriented and organized in work
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Ability to partner with multi-department individuals and senior management while ensuring accounting and policy compliance
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the " Best Places to Work ", Named to Boston Globe's " Top Places To Work ", and VentureFizz calls us one of " One of The Hottest Companies in Boston ".
• Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
• Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development".
• Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
• Unbelievable Offices - We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We've also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
• Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
• Great Perks - We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats - breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
• Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
• Thought Leader and Innovator - SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
Back to top