Product Owner - API Products
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a product team for a high-growth business in the explosive “API Economy?” Do you enjoy building delightful and incredibly useful products that users love? Can you synthesize information from a wide variety of sources and use it to drive meaningful product decisions? Are you looking for the opportunity to drive a high velocity, growing business, built around products you bring to market? Above all else, if you seek the chance to innovate, push the envelope, and find new ways to drive results, keep reading!
SmartBear is looking for talented and well-rounded Product Owners, experienced in formulating products for professional and technical users, with a demonstrated ability to drive business execution.
- Work with the VP Product Management to create, maintain, and communicate a living vision, strategy, and overall goals for your products
- Manage all aspects of product lifecycle including pricing, packaging and licensing
- Ensure success of the customer and user experience from initial trial through direct, indirect or ecommerce purchase and post-sales time-to-value and satisfaction
- Continuously monitor market trends, competition and incorporate Voice of Customer into your products
- Create detailed requirements of user experience, user stories and non-functional requirements, and participate appropriately in the agile development process (grooming, planning, retrospective, etc.)
- Serve as a representative for your products in marketing and sales efforts as well as external customer interactions and analyst/press relations
In this role, you will require skills that give you the ability to:
- Clearly understand and articulate the business- and go-to-market models built around your product
- Collaborate with and drive cooperation with other Product Owners, Software Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and others
- Think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings, and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Exhibit and encourage a culture of innovation in everything you do
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Business Administration or related field.
- 7+ years of product management, 5+ years of software development market experience.
- Experience with various licensing models and deployment models including SaaS and on-premise.
- Experience driving a fast-paced, high velocity, low-friction business model
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places, Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, Glassdoor’s “Best Companies To Work For” and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation. There’s even a community garden where SmartBear grows its own vegetables.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top