Product Marketing Specialist
Do you have technical experience but are interested in breaking into marketing? Does creating content and owning a product narrative to generate customer awareness excite you? SmartBear is seeking a highly motivated Product Marketing Specialist to join the global Product Marketing team at SmartBear. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a technical foundation or experience and wants to move into marketing to play a bigger role driving overall business strategy while staying close to products, technology, and customers. The role will report directly to the Director of Product Marketing and work closely with other cross-functional teams.
- Creating and establishing product messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategies
- Developing new and maintaining existing product collateral such as product briefs, customer presentations, competitive analysis, and sales tools
- Producing training material to educate and train sales teams and partners on product related value propositions
- Working closely with Marketing Managers and Product Owners on product launches
- Creating content that aligns our messaging and positioning for use in demand generation programs
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc)
- 0-1+ years of full-time/internship experience in Product Marketing, or related, in a high-tech B2B environment
- Master's degree preferred (Engineering Management, Marketing, MBA, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical capabilities and the value of products
- Passionate about technology and becoming an expert in areas of product marketing ownership
- Ability to work in a team environment and with cross-functional teams and solve challenges collaboratively
- Able to be a self-starter, to set priorities and maneuver the corporate environment
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing business needs
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", named to Boston Globe's "Top Places to Work", and VentureFizz calls us "One of the Hottest Companies in Boston".
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice, including weekly lunch and learn product trainings, career development seminars, sponsoring Toastmasters and Women In Technology International memberships.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development".
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and is focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events. We've also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss, and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths, and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, Friday lunches, Happy Hour, coffee (gourmet, espresso, lattes), healthy and sweet snacks, and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC, and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth environment and an established, financially strong company with 300+ employees across 6 global locations. We provide leading companies with the technology to build some of the greatest applications, websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS, and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle, from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We've played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased, and more. We have real products, real customers, and great compensation. Our software is downloaded over 15 million times to date. We have a community of over 5.8 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Our customers include 20,000+ companies (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and Salesforce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
Vice President, Products
John analyzes and understands the markets, then uses that insight to build products that customers love, and to accelerate the growth of the SmartBear API business.
Back to top