Product Manager - API Business
Are you hungry for an opportunity to join a product team for a high-growth business in the explosive “API Economy?” Do you enjoy building delightful and incredibly useful products that users love? Can you synthesize information from a wide variety of sources and use it to drive meaningful product decisions? Are you looking for the opportunity to drive a high velocity, growing business, built around products you bring to market? Above all else, if you seek the chance to innovate, push the envelope, and find new ways to drive results, keep reading!
SmartBear is looking for talented and well-rounded Product Managers, experienced in formulating products for professional and technical users, with a demonstrated ability to drive business execution.
- Work with the VP, Products to create, maintain, and communicate a living vision and strategy
- Define overall business goals for your products, and drive the organization to meet them
- Deliver a delightful user experience throughout the customer journey, whether self-service or assisted
- Manage all aspects of your product lifecycle including pricing, packaging and licensing
- Interact regularly with customers and users, and incorporate feedback into your products
- Continuously monitor market and competitive trends, and adjust strategy accordingly
- Participate appropriately in the agile development process (grooming, planning, demo, retrospective, etc.)
In this role, you will require skills that give you the ability to:
- Clearly understand and articulate the business- and go-to-market models built around your product
- Collaborate, and drive cooperation with other Product Managers, Software Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and others – be a leader
- Think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings, and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Exhibit and encourage a culture of innovation in everything you do
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Business Administration or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of product management, 5+ years of software development market experience.
- Experience with various licensing and deployment models, including SaaS and on-premise.
- Experience driving a high velocity, low-friction business model
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth environment and an established, financially strong company with 300+ employees across 6 global locations. We provide leading companies with the technology to build some of the greatest applications, websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS, and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle, from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased, and more. We have real products, real customers, and great compensation. Our software is downloaded over 15 million times to date. We have a community of over 5.8 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Our customers include 20,000+ companies (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and Salesforce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top