As a Java Developer, you will work on tangible industry leading API development products that hundreds of thousands of software developers worldwide use daily while gaining exposure to cutting-edge development technology leveraging server-side and microservices development tools.
- Tackle interesting challenges as we continue evolving our technology from the desktop to flexible, cloud-based solutions
- Work within a collaborative team of developers, testers, UX designers, and more, geographically spread across our different locations
- Implement new functionality in close cooperation with our stakeholder
- Write performance optimized code to service both 3rd party and our own front end applications
- Engage in peer design and code reviews
- Maintain test coverage
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and writing maintainable code.
- Experience in modern version control systems such as Git & GitHub.
- Experience designing and consuming web services (REST and SOAP APIs).
- Experience with RDBMS (E.g. Postgres) - schema / query design & implementation.
- Knowledge of design patterns and performance best practices.
- Agile development team experience
- Legally authorized to work permanently in Ireland.
- Java 8 and latest features.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (eg. MongoDB)
- Experience with Swagger specification and tooling.
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
• Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including "Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development".
• Invest in Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• We are a vibrant , fast-moving company located in the heart of Galway. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
• Modern Office Space - we are located in state-of-the-art offices in Mayoralty House in the heart of Galway City. Mayoralty House is a building steeped in history dating back to 1793. SmartBear has an open transparent layout with open areas for impromtu meetings, a large generous kitchen area, the Games Room with table tennis, putting green and games console.
• Open and Collaborative - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
• Excellent Employee Benefits - including competitive industry salaries, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Bike-to-Work Scheme and an attractive Pension Scheme.
SmartBear has an established, high growth culture and environment with a financially strong, 350+ employees across global locations company. The company's open and transparent working ethos makes it an enjoyable place to work. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Cisco, Google, Disney, Apple, JetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
Greer C.Customer Success Manager
In her role, Greer helps drive prioritization for customers internally, working cross-functionally to ensure customers are happy and successful with the tools they use.
Back to top