SmartBear is the preeminent API tooling company within the global open source and commercial markets helping companies and consumers define, develop, deploy, and monitor APIs. The API product line is experiencing significant worldwide customer adoption and we continue to invest in and scale our capabilities. Our award-winning SoapUI™ and Ready!API™ tools lead a strong portfolio of API software that companies like Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. SmartBear is a global company with locations in US, Ireland, Sweden, and Russia with customers in 150+ countries.
As a Java Developer, you will work on tangible industry leading API development products that hundreds of thousands of software developers worldwide use daily while gaining exposure to cutting-edge development technology leveraging server-side and microservices development tools.
- Tackle interesting challenges as we continue evolving our technology from the desktop to flexible, cloud-based solutions
- Work within a collaborative team of developers, testers, UX designers, and more, geographically spread across our different locations
- Implement new functionality in close cooperation with our stakeholder
- Write performance optimized code to service both 3rd party and our own front end applications
- Engage in peer design and code reviews
- Maintain test coverage
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and writing maintainable code.
- Experience in modern version control systems such as Git & GitHub.
- Experience designing and consuming web services (REST and SOAP APIs).
- Experience with RDBMS (E.g. Postgres) - schema / query design & implementation.
- Knowledge of design patterns and performance best practices.
- Agile development team experience
- Java 8 and latest features.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (eg. MongoDB)
- Experience with Swagger specification and tooling.
Candidates must have the ability to work permanently in the country without restriction.
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
-Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development", InfoWorld.com Technology of the Year for Swagger, DeveloperWeek Top Innovator for Ready!API, SD Times Industry Leader Award
• Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
• Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Modern Office Space - We are in a naturally well-lit modern office with an open, transparent layout and large kitchen for lunch, impromptu team meetings and social after-work gatherings. There is a variety of conference rooms and break out areas for conversation and collaboration. Our building has indoor bicycle storage for those who cycle and the office has a professional ping-pong table for a little fun and competition during the day.
• Ideal Location - We are located in Hornstull, a thriving area of the south-side of Stockholm, right next to Hornstull subway station.
- Benefits - We offer competitive salaries, annual leave and public holidays, health insurance and pension.
• Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
• Thought Leader and Innovator - SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
Back to top