SmartBear is the preeminent API tooling company within the global open source and commercial markets helping companies and consumers define, develop, deploy, and monitor APIs. The API product line is experiencing significant worldwide customer adoption and we continue to invest in and scale our capabilities. Our award-winning SoapUI™ and Ready!API™ tools lead a strong portfolio of API software that companies like Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. SmartBear is a global company with locations in US, Ireland, Sweden, and Russia with customers in 150+ countries.
As a Java Developer, you will work on tangible industry leading API development products that hundreds of thousands of software developers worldwide use daily while gaining exposure to cutting-edge development technology leveraging server-side and microservices development tools.
- Make development decisions with the backing of an experienced, knowledgeable development team to support your growth as a developer.
- Tackle interesting challenges as we continue evolving our technology from the desktop to flexible, cloud-based solutions
- Work within a collaborative team of developers, testers, UX designers, and more, geographically spread across our different locations
- Implement new functionality in close cooperation with our stakeholder
- Performance work both with regards to GUI and traditional backend code
- Create new functionality based on a good architecture
- Perform code review of your peers' code
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and writing maintainable code.
- Experience in modern version control systems such as GitHub.
- Experience designing web services with REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Agile development knowledge
- Legally authorized to work permanently in Ireland.
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
- Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development".
- Invested Leadership Team - Our executives have a proven record of success, are passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and are focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Ideal Location - We are conveniently located in the heart of Galway, overlooking Galway Bay and steps away from the vibrant city center and Eyre Square's emerging tech startup scene.
- Strong Benefits - Robust annual leave and public holidays, health insurance, and pension.
- Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture, and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, JetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Candidates must have the ability to work permanently in the country without restriction.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
HR Business Partner
Rasika enhances employee engagement at SmartBear through a variety of processes focused on career development, performance management, and retention.
Back to top