Front End Developer
Would you like to develop technology for an established, engaged and expanding user base that consists of the world's leading technology companies? SmartBear is the preeminent API tooling company within the global open source and commercial markets helping companies and consumers define, develop, deploy, and monitor APIs. The API product line is experiencing significant worldwide customer adoption and we continue to invest in and scale our capabilities. Our award-winning SoapUI™ and Ready!API™ tools lead a strong portfolio of API software that companies like Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. SmartBear is a global company with locations in Sweden, US, Ireland, and Russia with customers in 150+ countries.
As a Front-end Developer, you will build and shape front-end development practices on a tangible industry, leading API development product with exposure to cutting edge server-side and microservices development tools.
- Tackle interesting challenges as we continue evolving our technology from the desktop to flexible, cloud based solutions
- Single Page Application development using React.js and other cutting edge frameworks
- Implementing new functionality in close cooperation with stakeholders
- Build well designed, clean applications with solid technical foundations
- Participate in design and code reviews, develop, debug, or modify source code and unit tests
- Create and maintain technical and support documentation
- 3-5 years professional software development experience
- Experience building front-end SaaS applications
- Experience Single Page Application development using React.js on the front-end
- Experience with: Grunt; Node.js, Angular.js, JQuery, Docker, Java, C#, and/or Scala
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Agile development knowledge
- Ability to build well designed, clean applications with solid technical foundations
- Very good English skills (conversation as well as written)
- Relocation to Stockholm will not be arranged by SmartBear
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology – InfoWorld.com Technology of the Year for Swagger; DeveloperWeek Top Innovator for Ready!API; SD Times Industry Leader Award
- Modern Office Space - We are in a naturally well-lit modern office with an open, transparent layout and large kitchen for lunch, impromptu team meetings and social after-work gatherings. There is a variety of conference rooms and break out areas for conversation and collaboration. Our building has indoor bicycle storage for those who cycle and the office has a professional ping-pong table for a little fun and competition during the day.
- Ideal Location - We are located in Hornstull, a thriving area of the south-side of Stockholm, right next to Hornstull subway station.
- Benefits– We offer competitive salaries, annual leave and public holidays, health insurance and pension.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
Vice President, Products
John analyzes and understands the markets, then uses that insight to build products that customers love, and to accelerate the growth of the SmartBear API business.
Back to top