Front End Developer
Would you like to develop technology for an established, engaged and expanding user base that consists of the world's leading technology companies? SmartBear is the preeminent API tooling company within the global open source and commercial markets helping companies and consumers define, develop, deploy, and monitor APIs. The API product line is experiencing significant worldwide customer adoption and we continue to invest in and scale our capabilities. Our award-winning SoapUI™ and Ready!API™ tools lead a strong portfolio of API software that companies like Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. SmartBear is a global company with locations in Sweden, US, Ireland, and Russia with customers in 150+ countries.
As a Front-end Developer, you will build and shape front-end development practices on a tangible industry, leading API development product with exposure to cutting edge server-side and microservices development tools.
- Tackle interesting challenges as we continue evolving our technology from the desktop to flexible, cloud based solutions
- Single Page Application development using React.js and other cutting edge frameworks
- Implementing new functionality in close cooperation with stakeholders
- Build well designed, clean applications with solid technical foundations
- Participate in design and code reviews, develop, debug, or modify source code and unit tests
- Create and maintain technical and support documentation
- 3-5 years professional software development experience
- Experience building front-end SaaS applications
- Experience Single Page Application development using React.js on the front-end
- Experience with: Grunt; Node.js , Angular.js , JQuery, Docker, Java, C#, and/or Scala
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Agile development knowledge
- Ability to build well designed, clean applications with solid technical foundations
- Very good English skills (conversation as well as written)
- Relocation to Stockholm will not be arranged by SmartBear
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the " Best Places to Work ", Named to Boston Globe's " Top Places To Work ", and VentureFizz calls us one of " One of The Hottest Companies in Boston ".
• Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
• Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development".
• Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
• Unbelievable Offices - We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We've also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
• Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
• Great Perks - We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats - breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
• Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
• Thought Leader and Innovator - SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
Back to top