Director of Human Resources
SmartBear is growing and evolving into a top Boston employer! Our heightened expansion has us seeking a Human Resources Director to lead global HR across the entire employee lifecycle. Our goal is to be a destination employer where our employees are engaged, motivated and have a dynamic environment to thrive and grow professionally. You will evolve our agile and proactive HR function, leveraging technology and analytics to scale and support our nearly 400 employees.
SmartBear helps the world's most recognized companies develop the best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds and we have 1,000s of customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE and SalesForce to name a few) in over 150 countries.
- Originate and execute initiatives across the employee journey to drive high employee engagement and retention through onboarding, performance development, career mapping, leadership coaching, succession planning and compensation strategy.
- Coach, motivate and provide constructive feedback and leadership to enable the HR team to execute at a high level, as well as hire and develop strong talent across the team.
- Leverage HR analytics to proactively evaluate insights from recruiting through offboarding and identify and implement adjustments and solutions.
- Implement a compensation strategy that provides guidance to managers and the executive team to maximize employee ROI.
- Enhance employee centered service by leveraging technology globally to provide an accessible and engaging experience.
- Foster programs to galvanize the global SmartBear culture.
- Implement policies and procedures per country to comply with laws to support employees and SmartBear.
- 7+ years' HR experience, including leading and effectively managing a global HR department or HR team.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively and execute with precision.
- On the forefront of HR, with proven experience successfully scaling and enhancing HR initiatives.
- International HR experience.
- Ability to motivate and influence executives, managers and employees throughout a company.
- Embraces and adopts technology to optimize initiatives, deliverables and results.
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development".
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths, and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match and great eats.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC, and other premier organizations.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
Vice President, Products
John analyzes and understands the markets, then uses that insight to build products that customers love, and to accelerate the growth of the SmartBear API business.
Back to top