Director, Conversion Rate Optimization
SmartBear Software is looking for a Director of Conversion Rate Optimization to lead our customer acquisition teams and cross sell efforts across our six major business groups. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead marketing in a company that has high growth, millions of users and trials, and both open source and freemium models. This opportunity provides a marketer the ability to make changes and see immediate impacts on traffic, trials, conversions, ecommerce, and total users. This is a new position required by the growth in our product lines. We are defining conversion rate optimization broadly —- for each of these product teams, you can pull multiple levers to drive the conversion of prospects to customers and to cross sell new products. These levers include classic web levers, but also on-site trade shows, open source communities, free products and an inside sales team. Whichever lever you use for whichever group, a numbers driven approach is required to drive conversion.
- You will manage the marketing managers across most of the company’s product lines. These marketing managers are digital generalists with experience across most marketing domain areas.
- Your ultimate goal is to drive revenue net new revenue for the company through ecommerce, the inside sales team, or expansion revenue with the customer base.
- From a time allocation standpoint, 50% of your time will be spent doing hands on work in the API group working side by side with a market manager, and 50% of your time will be spent leading the other groups.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing roles
- Experience marketing technical products to technical audiences
- Demonstrated conversion rate optimization success
- Expert in most areas of digital marketing arts from content marketing, to paid to email marketing and social media.
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places, Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, Glassdoor’s “Best Companies To Work For” and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation. There’s even a community garden where SmartBear grows its own vegetables.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top