In this role you will report to the Director of SaaS Operations executing on key DevOps initiatives for SmartBear’s SwaggerHub platform. SwaggerHub provides the easiest way to build, document, and deploy APIs and it is built around Swagger, the most powerful and fastest growing API description format.
At SmartBear, our SoupUI™ and Swagger™ API development tools lead a strong portfolio of technology that companies like Apple, Disney, GE, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. Overall, our software is downloaded every 6 seconds and serves 10,000+ customers in over 100+ countries.
- Manage Production/Development servers for the SwaggerHub project
- Configure and maintain, application, performance, and device monitoring for SwaggerHub servers
- Configuration, optimization, and management of Docker cloud-managed services
- Security control of production and development infrastructure
- Experience with Amazon EC2 services, including the following but not limited to:
o VPC concepts and configuration
o EC2 instance deployment and migration
o ELB configuration and SSL termination
o RDS setup, backups, and monitoring
o Route53 configuration and management
- Proficient in Docker (Docker-compose, preferably Docker-cloud)
- Configuration of HA Proxy or NGINX load balancers
- Experienced in backup and restore of MongoDB databases or similar
- Java development knowledge for Maven Repository and continuous integration build tools
- Postgres and Virtual Box management/backup a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the “Best Places to Work”, named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work”, and VentureFizz calls us “One of the Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice, including weekly lunch and learn product trainings, career development seminars, sponsoring Toastmasters and Women In Technology International memberships.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and is focused on offering strong technology.
- Great Office Space – Newly renovated office, colorful, open floor plan with comfortable break out meeting and recharge areas – couches, bean bags, xBox, ping pong table and a large kitchen area. We are located right next to a great nature and walking path that many employees frequently enjoy.
- Location – We are located just south of Boca Raton and just north of Fort Lauderdale and up the road from boutiques, wine bar, fun eateries and new state of the art movie complex. Coconut Creek is filled with beautiful parks, landscaped roads and butterfly gardens (it’s the Butterfly Capital of the World!). This area of South Florida is ideal for anyone – you can have peace and quiet or be in the heart of the city in a matter of minutes!
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC, and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth environment and an established, financially strong company with 300+ employees across 6 global locations. We provide leading companies with the technology to build some of the greatest applications, websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS, and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle, from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased, and more. We have real products, real customers, and great compensation. Our software is downloaded over 15 million times to date. We have a community of over 5.8 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Our customers include 20,000+ companies (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and Salesforce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top