Customer Marketing Specialist
SmartBear has played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. We are looking for an ambitious new member to add to the growing Marketing team and want our customers to be our biggest advocates. To do this, we have built our various Customer Programs to improve product adoption and ensure our customers continue to renew with us year after year. This role will give you a 360-degree experience in marketing across the entire customer lifecycle.
- Customer Communication Channels (Email = #1) – We talk to customers using various channels – email, social, community forums, in person, etc. This role would help manage the customer communications to ensure we are covering all our bases and delivering meaningful information.
- Customer Story Program – This role would head the Customer Story program. SmartBear has over 10,000 active customers. We want to build strong relationships with our customers and in turn publish customer stories (case studies, testimonials, quotes, etc).
- Customer Website Improvements – This position will help improve the Self Service Model whereby customers can find resources available to them on the web. This includes free trainings, technical documentation, videos, and more.
- Customer Events – We run lots of virtual and in person events for customers. You will help the customer team run and improve the customer experience on these events and coordinate post-event follow ups.
- Voice of Customer – Customers want to be heard! Direct customer feedback needs to be packaged and delivered to the product and sales team.
- Customer Success Team – This role supports our growing customer success team. He/she will work closing with this team giving the Success Team many excuses to reach out to their customers.
- Partner Communications – SmartBear has a network of ~70 partners worldwide. This position will run and manage all communications to our partners along with offering a catalog of Marketing Programs we can jointly run with our Partners.
- Previous Experience: 2 or 3 years of Marketing, Communications, or Customer Success
- Bachelor’s degrees with an emphasis in Marketing, Business, or Communications.
- Strong writing skills.
- Email Marketing (Marketo) and HTML experience
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the “Best Places to Work”, named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work”, and VentureFizz calls us “One of the Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice, including weekly lunch and learn product trainings, career development seminars, sponsoring Toastmasters and Women In Technology International memberships.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and is focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss, and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths, and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, Friday lunches, Happy Hour, coffee (gourmet, espresso, lattes), healthy and sweet snacks, and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC, and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased and more. We have real products, real customers and great compensation. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. We have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top