Associate Sales Engineer
Picture yourself helping the world's most recognized companies develop the world's best applications.
SmartBear has played a role in the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. As an Associate Sales Engineer you will be a key technical advisor for our award-winning products enabling our industry leading customer base to meet their technical goals and challenges. This role gives you the ability to advance your career at a company that is high growth, firmly established and an industry leader.
Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year) and we have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, GE and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. We have real products, real customers and great compensation.
- Provide technical support to the Sales process, qualify prospective customer requirements, and deliver strategically developed product demonstrations that match customer needs.
- Respond and troubleshoot product questions from prospective and current customers to display SmartBear's technical value ensuring successful customer experiences.
- Collaborate with Marketing to provide insight for the creation and publication of technical content, webinars, and events.
- Participate in industry events and customer sales meetings representing SmartBear as a technical thought leader.
- Solicit and provide feedback from prospective and current customers to facilitate new features and functionality in our current technology.
- Stay appraised of current SmartBear and industry technology to contribute to training team members on the differentiating value of our solutions.
- Advocate proven technology that produces measurable customer results and is continually being expanded with innovative, new products.
- Work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment as a trusted advisor for our internal sales, marketing, and product teams
- No quotas or cold calling, support technical sales assignments while receiving strong compensation incentives for your valuable technical insights and contributions
- Provided tools and training to elevate your performance and be an industry and product specialist
- Exposure to innovative software through webinars, tradeshows, product releases and more as a SmartBear technology thought leader
- Receive ongoing professional development and training to help you elevate performance and professional growth.
- Technical degree or related field
- 0-2 years of experience presenting and/or teaching technical concepts
- Worked directly with customers or internal clients to resolve technical problems
- Experience in software development, quality automation, performance monitoring, or other software quality related fields
- Ability to travel (10-20% travel)
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including "Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development".
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company located in the heart of Galway. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Modern Office Space – we are located in state-of-the-art offices in Mayoralty House in the heart of Galway City. Mayoralty House is a building steeped in history dating back to 1793. SmartBear has an open transparent layout with open areas for impromtu meetings, a large generous kitchen area, the Games Room with table tennis, putting green and games console.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Excellent Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Bike-to-Work Scheme and an attractive Pension Scheme.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Cisco,Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
Vice President, Products
John analyzes and understands the markets, then uses that insight to build products that customers love, and to accelerate the growth of the SmartBear API business.
Back to top