Associate Customer Support Engineer
Are you interested in being part of a great Technical Support Engineering team which supports market-leading, high-tech companies such as Google, Apple, and Microsoft?
SmartBear Software is currently looking for an exceptional Associate Support Engineer who possesses a passion for innovative technology and delights in achieving superior customer satisfaction, while working collaboratively within a team-focused environment. You will work and learn from an experienced and highly impactful team that will ultimately prepare you to become a Technical Support Engineer. We are a growing medium-sized company with locations around the country and around the world. We have played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds ( 5.25 million downloads a year) and we have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. We have real products, real customers and great compensation.
Benefits of This Position
- You will be supporting customers with proven technology that produces measurable results and is continually being expanded with innovative, new products
- You will be working in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment along with our sales, marketing, and product teams
- You will be provided tools and training to elevate your performance and be an industry and product specialist
- Troubleshoot and solve technical support issues with external customers
- Create, document and track the progress of new customer issues as they become available
- Collaborate with fellow support colleagues and other internal organizations, e.g. development, to achieve superior customer service
- Obtain the necessary knowledge and skills to become progressively proficient with responsible products
- Be the customer advocate when providing feedback to internal organizations
- Achieve case resolution and escalation goals
- Look for ways to improve productivity of issue resolution and better ways to help customers
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of operating systems, e.g. XP, Vista, Win7, Server 2003/2008
- Must be a US Citizen
Nice to Have
- Technical support and programming experience
- Working knowledge of software testing history, tools, and processes
- Working knowledge of application life-cycle management, API's, SQL, and network and server administration
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the " Best Places to Work ", Named to Boston Globe's " Top Places To Work ", and VentureFizz calls us one of " One of The Hottest Companies in Boston ".
• Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
• Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development".
• Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
• Unbelievable Offices - We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We've also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
• Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation. There's even a community garden where SmartBear grows its own vegetables.
• Great Perks - We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats - breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
• Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
• Thought Leader and Innovator - SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
HR Business Partner
Rasika enhances employee engagement at SmartBear through a variety of processes focused on career development, performance management, and retention.
Back to top