Agile & DevOps Evangelist
Are you passionate about helping software development teams create the best software on the planet? Do you have hands-on experience working with Agile development teams? SmartBear is looking for an Agile & DevOps Evangelist to be actively engaged in the software development community and advocate for Agile / DevOps best practices. This role can be located in our Somerville, MA Headquarters or anywhere in the U.S.
- Establish yourself and SmartBear as an active member of, and contributor to, the global software development community
- Advocate for Agile and DevOps best practices through speaking, blogging, and other community engagements such as MeetUps, Hackathons, etc
- Establish yourself as a thought leader, both inside and outside of SmartBear, on key topic areas: Agile, DevOps, Behavior Driven Development, CI/CD, Continuous Testing, Shift Left
- Advise SmartBear customers and prospects on Agile / DevOps strategy, process, and tooling decisions
- Enable SmartBear's sales teams to more effectively support Agile / DevOps customers
- Create thought leadership content to advocate for Agile / DevOps best practices
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc)
- 5-10+ years of experience in Agile software development and/or DevOps
- Must have direct, hands-on experience working with Agile teams (senior scrum team member, dev lead/manager, coach, etc)
- Understands current market trends, best practices, and the challenges teams face when making the transition from Traditional software development approaches to a modern Agile approach
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Needs to be comfortable crafting digital content that will be viewed by millions, speaking onstage at large conferences, and meeting with CXO-level customers
- Needs to be able to balance unbiased thought leadership with creating demand for SmartBear tools
- Ideal candidates will have experience:
- Speaking at industry conferences
- Writing thought leadership content
- Advising customers on Agile transformation
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the " Best Places to Work ", Named to Boston Globe's " Top Places To Work ", and VentureFizz calls us one of " One of The Hottest Companies in Boston ".
• Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
• Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development".
• Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
• Unbelievable Offices - We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We've also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
• Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
• Great Perks - We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats - breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
• Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
• Thought Leader and Innovator - SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
Back to top