Linux System Administrator
Have you ever shopped online and didn't really know which of the thousands of products to pick? Or have you been shopping in a store but there was no one in sight to help you with choosing the right product? We develop and distribute software that solves these issues!
SMARTASSISTANT is the market-leading solution for interactive Guided Selling solutions. Our technology is used by multiple global businesses from Fortune 500 companies like Canon, Goodyear, Procter & Gamble to small and medium-sized enterprises.
We are driven by our mission to help people make better decisions and together work on turning a bold vision into reality. At SMARTASSISTANT, you'll meet open-minded and genuinely caring professionals from many different walks of life.
We are growing fast and always looking for talented, ambitious and smart people who are ready to make things happen.
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
As a Linux System Administrator at SMARTASSISTANT you will be part of our growing DevOps team and you will be involved into:
- Improving our Continuous Integration process (it's good but let's make it great together!)
- Developing various cloud-based high availability deployment scenarios (a zero-time production deployment: how about this, challenge accepted? ;))
- Trying out great free and commercial solutions to improve our logging, monitoring, backup and other solutions (yeah, let's find true stars here ;))
- Supporting Linux-based server environment (both virtual as well as physical instances in various cloud environments e.g. AWS)
- Performance and resource utilization optimization (let's save money and buy something cool instead ;))
- Supporting the software development processes - maintenance of build servers, version control tools, backup and restore processes (sounds like routine but how fit are with automating those things? ;))
- Maintaining corporate security policies (security is our basics! Are you with us?)
- Maintaining the company network configuration (know your landscape! Are you with us?)
- Support the company's internal client infrastructure - Windows, Linux, Mac (but we are not hardware slaves, we only have to watch out that it serves it's purpose ;))
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
It is definitely you we're looking for, if you possess:
- Completed or ongoing IT education
- Good Linux knowledge
- Experience with Java environment
- Good knowledge of MySQL DBMS
- Shell programming skills
- Basic knowledge in the field of virtualization
- Docker knowledge
- Friendly personality and joy for teamwork
- Full working proficiency in English
- Enthusiasm for e-commerce, online solutions and related technologies
- Attractive salary based on your experience and qualifications, min. 3.000 EUR monthly
- Flat structure and friendly team atmosphere
- Working with open-minded, genuinely caring professionals with many different backgrounds
- Interesting and diversified experience as part of our team, as well as a friendly and innovative working environment at a global market leader
- Flexible working hours
- Fresh fruit and countless amount of good coffee and tea
DOES IT SOUND LIKE A PERFECT CHALLENGE FOR YOU? Then we look forward to receiving your résumé (in English)!
Meet Some of SMARTASSISTANT's Employees
Business Development Manager
Heidi’s role is to grow SMARTASSISTANT in the United States by developing and maintaining relationships with prospective clients, and by matching business interests with the company’s technology.
Back to top