Business Development Intern located in Silicon Valley
SMARTASSISTANT is the leading global technology provider for interactive advice solutions across all channels: online, mobile and in-store. Our software solution helps people choose products, services and solutions that match their needs much faster and smarter.
Industries: Retail, Brands, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Fashion and Lifestyle
Ofﬁces: Headquartered in Vienna with ofﬁces in New York, Wroclaw, London and Sunnyvale
SMARTASSISTANT is experiencing rapid year-on year growth and is expanding teams in all locations. We are looking for you! A Business Development Intern in Sunnyvale, who will play a vital role in growing our activities on the US market.
THE ROLE - Business Development Intern
- Run industry specific, highly targeted and engaging marketing campaigns
- Research target accounts and identify decision makers
- Actively create new business opportunities
- Match client needs to the SMARTASSISTANT solution
- Build value-based relationships with all layers of senior executives
- Build and manage opportunity pipeline
- Attend and support events
- Career path to Business Development Manager
The internship is designed for 6 months in total. The first orientation month will take place in our office in Wroclaw, Poland. Afterwards, the successful candidate will be sent to Sunnyvale for 5 months.
This role offers a vast scope for personal development and career progression. However, be under no illusion. This is a very challenging, but a fun role!
ESSENTIALS - Pre-Requisites
- Most importantly - be genuine, be real and be you!
- Presenting experience
- Clear "achievements" vs "tasks completed"
- Sales or direct client engagement
- Comfortable dealing with senior people to C-level
- Technically savvy
- A passion for helping Brands to improve customer experience
- Non corporate style - no suits or chunky ties
PERSONAL QUALITIES - Ideal!
- Engaging presenter
- Challenger profile - loves to debate (not argue)
- Fun, fresh and charismatic
- Friendly, warm and self assured
- Autonomous - self starter
- Direct and clear communicator (no waffle)
- Keen to make a real difference in a young fast growing company
- Structured, organised and concise
- Must not come across like a salesperson
BACKGROUND - Ideal!
- Media, Marketing and customer experience management
- Sales training
- International, diverse and small friendly teams
- Fun and collaborative
- Open-minded and caring
- Training, coaching and mentoring
- Video interview
- Optional test task
- Face to face / online meeting with our CEO
- 850 EUR gross monthly
- Accommodation in Poland and US, and round flights from Europe to Sunnyvale will be provided
Meet Some of SMARTASSISTANT's Employees
Business Development Manager
Heidi’s role is to grow SMARTASSISTANT in the United States by developing and maintaining relationships with prospective clients, and by matching business interests with the company’s technology.
Back to top