Small Girls PR is looking for an Associate Vice President to inspire and guide day-to-day strategy, lead a small team and oversee media relations for a variety of clients including, but not limited to the retail, beauty and wellness spaces. The work coming out of our team drives major pop-culture conversation and is a mix of quick-turn, of-the-moment genius and fully integrated, strategic programming.
Our clients turn to us for long-term strategy, brand purpose architecture, creative pitch angles, and out-of-the-box ideas that bring their positioning to life in thoughtful ways. As a team lead, the AVP will drive the client relationship while leading junior staff to deliver.
There is no one-size-fits-all for an SGPR client which means your career will be further enriched with meaningful and diversified experience. We've handled mergers for GE, announced Esusu as one of the first Black-owned tech unicorns, created a closet calculator to see how recycled clothing impacts the environment with thredUP, and catapulted Olay’s Super Bowl ad to the cover of AdWeek.
Note: Small Girls PR is currently in the office on a hybrid basis, working two days a week in the office.
- You’ll act as a strategic lead directing high-level media strategy, brand messaging, narrative storytelling development, when and how to roll out news as well as identifying and mitigating risks, etc.
- As one of the senior-most client contacts, forge a strong relationship with brand stakeholders and personally manage select high level client communications.
- Support and guide the team including junior staff to reach their goals and challenge the team to create enticing, timely and creative pitches.
- Craft PR strategies aligned to marketing and business objectives.
- As a creative thought leader, you’ll see your wildest ideas turned into strategic campaigns and pull out the strongest story narratives from your reports - this position identifies relevant trending conversations, reverse engineers virality, and maps out brand campaigns.
- Lead the team in executing with excellence ensuring KPIs are thoughtfully set and then exceeded, completing work with a strong attention to detail and always applying past learnings to future projects.
- In support of the SVP, you will learn how to manage several financial aspects including supporting profitability, staffing, planning, and budgeting at a high level.
- You will oversee day-to-day work as well as the long-term professional development of 2-3 direct reports
- You have around 10+ years of directly relevant experience
- You have showcased strong client management skills including the ability to build and troubleshoot with the client to ensure all ideas are newsworthy and pressworthy
- You keep your finger on the pulse of how the media landscape is changing and are excited to proactively adapt your approach in real-time to stay ahead of the curve
- You have experience working on all aspects of press beyond media relations including awards programs, evergreen product pitching, product launches, mailers, events, etc
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to develop strong press relationships and have successfully taught this skill to junior staff
- You have vision, thinking through where your clients live in the world and what key messages and story devices help support that house
- You’ve showcased excellence in partnering with multiple agency partners across various marketing channels to develop integrated brand campaigns
At Small Girls PR, fairness and equity are incredibly important factors throughout our hiring process. As a result, we have a set salary threshold for each role to ensure our teams are compensated equitably. For this role, employees are eligible for a variable bonus in addition to the salary threshold; the pay range for this role is $146k - $158k
Our senior level roles are accompanied by a compelling total compensation package. The variable bonus is inclusive of performance targets which are outlined in an offer letter. If you feel strongly that we are not aligned in terms of compensation, we highly recommend applying and discussing further with our Talent Acquisition team should we determine there could be a mutual fit!
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and BIPOC are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification listed. At SGPR we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.