Associate Director (Brand Communications)
Small Girls PR is hiring an Associate Director (Brand Communications) in NYC
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency. We come up with the kind of campaigns that have become answers in The New York Times crossword puzzle.
Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, rolled out brands like DoorDash nationally, and produced Sweetgreen’s infamous block party festivals.
We’re growing quickly and hiring two Associate Director roles, each on a different team:
- an Associate Director on our Retail & Beauty team, whose clients include Mejuri, Billie, Moda Operandi, Saucony and a major skincare line from a globally recognized brand
- an Associate Director on our Consumer Tech team, whose clients range from DoorDash to interior design tech Modsy to Showfields (an experiential twist on direct-to-consumer conversation)
Our clients turn to us for long-term strategy, brand purpose architecture, creative pitch angles and out-of-the-box ideas that bring their positioning to life in thoughtful ways. You will sit as senior counsel on all of these points.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Act as senior day-to-day contact for clients regarding strategy, unique ways to breakthrough their competitor set, and how messaging will be engineered for media pull-through
- Develop brand positioning on behalf of clients, with the goal of demonstrating how accounts ladder up into a larger narrative beyond their straightforward product offering
- Lead a high performing team who will look to you for mentorship and development
- Contribute original campaign concepts you’ve come up with and orchestrate productive brainstorms
- Secure in-depth client coverage in top-tier media while balancing management of the above
- Set clients KPIs. Then, develop and deliver both long-term and monthly PR strategies that deliver on those goals.
- Spot trends in team results and proactively suggest methods of improvements for your hub
Why we’ll love you:
- You have 5-8+ years of directly relevant experience
- You have firsthand experience with fast-growing, direct-to-consumer brands
- You’ve set narrative-driving strategy for brands that continuously yields feature-length coverage
- You’ve managed a team of PR or Marketing professionals
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have a pet friendly office, an employee-led committee that determines company policy together and another dedicated to planning our weekly celebrations and quarterly outings, employee-coached intramural leagues, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve even taken our staff on vacations overseas.
- Atypical Time: PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to preventative care.
- We invest in you: We cover 100% medical, contribute to your 401k annually (whether you decide to contribute or not), in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage and daily commute. We budget for you to network as well as reimburse professional development as it applies to roles, from InDesign to public speaking.
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Back to top