Technical Program Manager - Security
Our Security teams support the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers’ data. We recognize and value the contribution security makes to building trust and earning the business of our customers. We take a systemic approach to security, and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do.
As a member of the security team, you understand that building and maintaining user trust is critical to Slack’s success. You are passionate about privacy and maintaining customer confidence. You have the focus and organization to cultivate the adoption of sound security practices across all of Slack’s business and engineering teams.
As a Technical Program Manager for Security, you play a key role maintaining our passionate pursuit of trust and transparency with customers. You are passionate about strategies to lead our extraordinary engineering resources to help deliver projects and programs that make Slack safer for everyone. You have direct impact on the way Slack is used by millions of users, teams and businesses get things done.
- Organize and lead multi-functional teams or engineering and operations resources to resolve incidents and improve incident prevention strategies.
- Ensure Incident Management programs are constantly being executed, evaluated and improved and delivering against the agreed-upon meaningful metrics.
- Lead technical discussions with technical resources and program manage during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Collaborate with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope to assess priority and sequencing.
- Define and implement programs and projects that support the broader business strategy or operational excellence in incident management.
- Serve as the main point of contact for incidents and coordinate with incident owners through the process from initial report to post-mortem all the way to implementation of new processes from lessons learned.
- Establish timelines, RACIs, project plans and trackers, communication artifacts and updates to the team and partners, ensuring everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information.
- At least 4 years in an organization leading resources, tasks, and workflows
- Shown history of delivering complex projects with multi-functional teams
- Experience working with project management tools such as Smartsheets, Trello, Microsoft Project, Omniplan, etc
- Proven track record of developing, documenting, and presenting functional requirements that lead to the implementation of multi-functional processes
- Experience in a fast-growing environment
Back to top