Technical Customer Experience Manager
At Slack, Customer Experience is an essential part of our organization. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one by delivering speedy, high-quality, personable support.
The Technical Customer Experience Manager will be responsible for supporting a small team of Customer Experience Engineers, working alongside them to ensure the global Customer Experience team succeeds in delivering top-notch support for our customers' more technical requests. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, time-management, and communication skills, as well as a knack for digging deep into technical issues and implementing solutions to inefficient processes. You are a self-directed leader who understands what it takes to provide customers with the best experience possible while also coaching your team toward excellence and supporting their career growth.
- You will lead a dedicated team of 4-8 Customer Engineers; it’s up to you to ensure our customers and the CE team receive phenomenal support from those individuals.
- You set an example for your team by providing near superhuman customer support and inspire trust and confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, moving toward team goals, and giving caring feedback.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship and collaboration.
- You will also work closely with our Engineering and Learning and Development teams to identify knowledge gaps and training opportunities that help ensure the larger team has the information and resources they need to be successful in supporting our customers.
- You have prior experience managing a customer-facing team and care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer experience and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team. You feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- You have a strong understanding of impact to large business when something goes down, and commitment to seeing issues through to resolution. You're able to maintain confident demeanor and excel under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems and issues succinctly and clearly to both engineers and to non-technical team members and are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- You have a solid understanding of internet infrastructure and know how to navigate corporate network environments, including firewalls and proxy configurations.
- You are well-versed in Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, including advanced knowledge of system preferences and a familiarity with using the command line in each system.
- You understand single-sign on authentication (e.g., SAML, NTLM, Okta, OneLogin, Kerberos, etc.).
- You are fluent in using a variety of troubleshooting tools (e.g., Ping, Traceroute, nslookup, Dig, and browser developer consoles).
- College degree or equivalent professional experience.
Back to top