The role of the Technical Architect is to engage with our largest and most Strategic customers early in the Sales cycle to assess and design the technical deployment plan for Slack. The Technical Architect at Slack is key member within the Sales organization. This role is a Slack expert with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security.
As a Technical Architect, you will conduct detailed discovery workshops to assess the customer's organizational structure, business functions and security requirements, translating these findings into a design for a foundational Slack solution built for scale and flexibility. The design will include details on the workspaces, user management, authentication, bots, integrations, and settings & permissions required to ensure there are no technical barriers to user adoption of Slack. Advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from GitHub and Jira to Workday and Salesforce to Box, Google Apps and others, as well as custom client applications, is in your DNA. You enjoy advising customers on how to best leverage the Slack APIs and Developer tool kits.
- Facilitate workshops with the customer’s technical team to develop a technical deployment plan
- Work with some of Slack’s largest customers to ensure seamless integration with other systems and apps, including identity management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products and internal systems.
- Ensure the secure setup of the customer’s Slack environment based off organizational requirements
- Remove technical roadblocks for organization-wide software distribution
- Present detailed technical information and Slack benefits to a wide array of customers, including line of business managers, developers, technical architects and executives
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to present both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- Experience leading and designing technical projects, engaging with, and driving change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations
- Past experience working directly with Sales and Success, Consultants, and System Integrators
- Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business
- 5+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top