Staff Product Designer, Platform
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to help design the future Slack apps. Just like Slack connects people, the platform connect teams with all the tools they need to make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Slack designers serve a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- Work with the product and engineering teams to drive design vision and strategy for key parts of the Slack platform such as:
- Elevating the developer experience
- Designing best in class essential apps for the workplace
- Partner cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is high-quality.
- Work with designers across product teams and lead broad, organizational-wide initiatives, such as improving Slack’s design system and mobile design practices
- Help guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Solicit feedback from designers and product partners within and beyond your product team
- Be an active mentor for other designers, and help lead critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, and sprint planning
- Recruit and interview designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process
What you should have
- 7+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and idea generation
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Extensive experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Experience designing for developers or familiarity with developer tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top