Staff Application Engineer
- Hinganghāt, India
The Business Technology Engineering team is focused on enabling our employees to do their best work in Slack and showcasing the platform’s diverse capabilities. We do this by building integrations between crucial business systems, automating processes, and focusing on ways we can help our employees do their work more efficiently and without having to leave Slack. We are looking for a motivated engineer who will help us achieve these goals.
You are a hardworking self-starter with an ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape. You enjoy and excel at crafting innovative and scalable infrastructure as well as collaborating across functions. Technical expertise and a real passion for innovation are crucial, but you’ll balance that with a desire to improve the user experience for the products and services we deliver to the Slack community.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative!
As a Staff Application Engineer you will:
- Lead the development of integrations to automate business processes and bring together systems across Slack.
- Build Slack applications that enable employees to be able to perform more of their day to day tasks within Slack.
- Collaborate across teams to create scalable test frameworks, release plans, and end-user documentation to support our applications and integrations.
- Work with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals.
- Provide on-call support, critical issue remediation, and incident response for services.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated ability leading the development of enterprise-level applications with a focus on performance, scalability and security.
- Have extensive experience working with business partners to clarify and define requirements, ensure best-in-class technical architecture, and deliver projects with measurable impact.
- Are used to working with multiple cloud platforms, especially low-code environments, Heroku, and AWS.
- Have demonstrated advanced ability with programming languages such as PHP/Hack, Ruby, or Python.
- Are deeply familiar with web platform technologies such as REST APIs, GraphQL, OAuth, and nginx.
- Have experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment using Scrum or Kanban.
- Comfort with using distributed version control (git), semantic versioning, and change management procedures such as Github flow.
- Know the importance of documentation and have a track record of writing clear and concise specifications and runbooks.
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft, or other integration platforms
- Experience integrating with APIs from Salesforce, Workday, or Looker.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, or Redis.
Back to top