Sr. Public Relations Specialist
Slack is looking for a Senior Public Relations Specialist to join our growing team. You’ll be a critical part of the PR team, focusing specifically on helping us tell the stories across the Product, Platform, and Partnerships pillars of the business. You are hyper-organized, love the details, and think on your feet. You’ll be responsible for driving the critical foundational work for our team, including pitch development, briefing doc creation, speaking coordination, and coverage reporting. You’ll help build processes designed to keep us, as well as our global network of agencies, focused and on track.
Slack is experiencing rapid global growth, you are someone who thrive in a dynamic environment and thrives in change. We’re building many programs and processes from scratch and need a team member with a strong foundation of success in doing just that! Sound like you? Excellent. Come work at Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Oversee closely with our global agencies to manage day-to-day operations and liaise with our internal cross-functional partners to drive positive outcomes and results
- Ensure that we are consistently delivering high-quality work internally and externally, including management and review of briefing materials, prep documents, media lists, pitch trackers, and coverage reports
- Build significant relationships with reporters and conference organizers on behalf of Slack
- Collaborate with partners to help drive cross-functional projects forward, including new product launches or partnership announcements.
What you should have
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in house public relations, communications or other related fields; some agency experience a plus
- Proven media relations experience and ability to think critically about ingredients for high impact content
- Extraordinarily organized; process and detail oriented
- Tech savvy (able to quickly ramp up as a Slack expert, if you aren’t already)
- Excellent teammate who exemplifies our values, open to learning, and feedback
- Deeply flexible, able to succeed in an exciting workplace, and able to work effectively with all different kinds of personalities and organizational levels
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Ariel H.Learning Manager
Ariel aims to understand and provide the proper tools for the learning needs of every single employee in the company.
Back to top