Sr. Network Engineer (Wireless)
As a member of the Core BizTech Experience (Core BTX) team at Slack, you will be part of a team of engineers who specialize in delivering reliable infrastructure and SaaS services to our users. Slack is a global company, and these services are critical to ensuring our employees have delightful technology experiences. This role is based at our Slack office in Pune, India.
The Core BTX Engineering team is seeking a senior network engineer with an accomplished background in administration and automation. The Network Engineer will partner with our SF-based team to design, implement, and support our global network footprint.
- Design, implement, and support scalable networking solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
- Excel in a dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
- Be a collaborative teammate that will work across multi-functional groups and mentor others.
- Drive consistent improvement by refining tooling, automation, and documentation.
- Provision and solve carrier transport and IP transit circuits.
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools.
- Configure and administer routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment.
- Fix network failures and performance issues.
- Occasionally be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Maintain and implement network configuration and security compliance standards.
- Identify internal process and automation improvements and deploy scalable technical solutions.
- Work proficiently with minimal daily mentorship and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems.
- Build and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with routing, switching and enterprise wireless technologies.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with network routing protocols and configuration, specifically BGP and OSPF.
- Fundamental understanding of enterprise network design, including office, campus, and global connectivity.
Back to top