Software Engineer, Analytics Infrastructure
At Slack, data plays a key role in helping us answer all types of questions: whether we should launch a feature, what type of advertisement campaigns to run, what API endpoints are most in need of performance improvements, etc. The Analytics Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining software that powers these decision-making processes.
Some projects we work on are:
- An end-to-end A/B testing framework that manages experiment configurations, tracks metrics, and measures results using statistical models.
- An in-house dashboard builder that allows analysts to combine charts and SQL queries into presentable, easy-to-use web pages.
- A wiki-style glossary for communicating key terms and metrics.
- A set of tools that enable sales reps to identify key customers and demonstrate Slack’s value to our clients.
Join us to build a foundation for Analytics at Slack.
Here are things we consider critical to be successful on the team:
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals, including a knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- You understand the importance of programming abstractions and apply them relentlessly as you seek to simplify and improve the codebase.
- You know how the web works. You know HTTP and TCP/IP and what a good API looks like.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Solid understanding of math and statistics.
- Familiarity with distributed data processing tools (Hive, Presto, or Spark).
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top