Social Media Manager
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join our marketing team at Slack. In this role you’ll help bring together all the threads of a story and weave coherent narratives across multiple platforms to raise awareness of Slack, and support product releases, marketing initiatives, and company news. We’re looking for someone who knows how to use social media not (just) to fire metric-raising clickbait out into the ether, but actually to tell a coherent cross-platform story that people want to follow - whether it’s thinking about how we can use an engineering blogpost to support the concepts introduced in an advertising campaign, or working out how to expand the narrative of a simple feature release with a LinkedIn content strategy or a Snapchat story.
- Evaluate our options for social media platforms and management tools. Help us select and maintain the right ones for Slack.
- Lead the strategy, planning, execution and ongoing optimization for Slack’s social media channels.
- Find creative and new ways to use social media to change the way people think about work and to introduce them to Slack.
- Define and track goals for our social media content strategy, tying key social metrics back to core business objectives.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from content we put out through social media.
- Stay on top of all the information coming out of Slack during a given period of time, help craft that information into a consistent story, and distribute that story across multiple channels.
- Be the bridge that connect people in departments across the company, helping them maintain a publishing and reposting cadence that works for them — and for others.
- Help build our approach to storytelling, in light of an understanding who we are speaking with and why.
- Work with other members of the brand marketing team to develop and maintain a Slackesque tone and visual identity to suit each and every social property - and a plan for keeping the quality bar high.
- Avoid #brands territory at all costs.
- Extensive knowledge of social media marketing programs and optimization based on copy, creative, and placement.
- Experience thinking differently and finding ways to present ideas that no one will be expecting.
- Familiarity with SEO.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- A passion for storytelling.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top