Senior Survey Scientist, Research
Slack’s mission is to make people’s work lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We do this by incorporating customer insights from Slack’s Research & Analytics department into all stages of product development, growth strategy, sales and customer success programs.
Research & Analytics is looking for an experienced survey scientist to join the small but growing Quantitative Research team. In this role, you'll be leading survey research programs that are high-impact and provide value and insight to teams across Slack—including product, design, sales, marketing, and leadership teams.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Maintain and evolve our existing tracking survey programs
- Develop new survey programs such as one-off surveys, tracking surveys, and surveys to potential customers—off-platform, sometimes unbranded
- Provide subject area expertise to other researchers and business partners that are conducting surveys—whether that’s survey design or sampling strategy
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to develop a scalable solution for making our survey data accessible to the rest of the company
- Lead and collaborate on projects that generate insights for key business partners. Sometimes, this will be solely based on survey data; and other times, survey data may be one of many data sources to be analyzed. Sometimes, you'll lead the project; other times, you'll be collaborating with researchers, data scientists, and analysts.
What you should have
- 4+* years industry experience
- Proven expertise in all aspects of survey research
- Extensive experience with survey research—questionnaire design, advanced sampling design, survey statistics, analysis, and reporting
- Completed graduate-level coursework in survey statistics—bonus points if you've completed coursework in adjacent fields/methods (e.g., econometrics, NLP, experimental design, political science, or quantitative social psychology)
- Ability and willingness to get your hands dirty in the data
- Exceptional interpersonal skills—you have experience leading projects involving cross-functional teams
- A real passion for setting new standards for quantitative research methods as well as crafting and executing impact-driven research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills—you excel at telling stories with data, rather than just reporting on trends and statistics
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Ariel H.Learning Manager
Ariel aims to understand and provide the proper tools for the learning needs of every single employee in the company.
Back to top