Senior Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Every single day, our colleagues at Slack make thousands of decisions: whether to launch a feature, which API endpoint to optimize for, or which marketing campaign to invest in. Data, if curated well, can help inform these decisions, and running A/B tests is a crucial way for us to acquire such data.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to serve as the technical lead for our experimentation platform. You will be responsible for setting the vision for experiments at Slack, driving adoption throughout the company, and bringing the platform to the next level. If you are excited about leveraging data to make better decisions, we would love to hear from you.
Here are some ways you might spend a typical day:
- Lead technical decisions and own technical solutions for the experimentation platform; describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs.
- Initiate and facilitate meaningful discussions (technical or otherwise) with other engineers, analysts, and product managers around complex issues in A/B testing.
- Motivate and empower teammates to achieve a higher level of performance through mentorship.
- Serve as a data advocate at Slack: answer experiment-related questions, give talks, etc.
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 5+ years.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You have a good understanding of basic probabilities.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You are someone who others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Back to top