Senior Release Manager, Web
At Slack, 8 million users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking an experienced Senior Release Manager to drive release programs for Slack’s web application. As Slack grows, it is critical that we develop repeatable, predictable, and scalable methods to release our application safely into production.
In this role, you will partner with product, quality, operations, and development teams to define, build, and scale release processes and capabilities. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion release methodology across the organization. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward quality, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create systems and have a customer-centric mindset.
As a founding member of the web release team, you’ll have a rare opportunity to make a huge impact at Slack by helping to develop a release management discipline that builds customer trust and developer confidence.
- Identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities, and work across multiple teams and functions to lead the execution of release programs and projects
- Continuously improve release tooling and process to drive predictability and enhance confidence
- Build and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Reliably deliver frequent, stable, high quality web releases
- Measure, monitor, and communicate release metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate tradeoffs, and call out impediments
- You are a leader who has vision and can help define the strategy and roadmap for Release Management at Slack
- You have expert-level knowledge of release best practices and can create new programs and processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- You have experience leading release management for web applications with millions of users
- Proficient in Git, Github, SQL, data analytics, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
Back to top