Slack is the fastest growing B2B application ever and we are scaling the people side of the business almost as fast! We have just launched in Japan, and we are looking to expand quickly. At Slack, the recruiters partner closely with our hiring managers and act as strategic consultants and trusted advisors throughout the hiring process.
We are looking for an experienced Recruiter to lead the recruiting efforts in Tokyo. This person will be responsible for growing our team in Tokyo, by hiring Sales and Customer Success professionals, as well as a few Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience professionals. This person will also be the point person on the ground in Tokyo for HR and Compensation related issues and questions, and will be expected to triage to the appropriate people at Slack HQ. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of a growing company making their first imprint in a new country.
- Lead all recruiting efforts for the Tokyo office, as the sole recruiter in Japan. This includes: sourcing, interviewing, scheduling, offer negotiations, etc..
- Hire top Sales talent for the Tokyo office. This includes hiring Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Solutions Engineers.
- Hire for Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience candidates when needed.
- Work closely with the Country Manager and other leadership to identify and hire top talent.
- Source and identify passive candidates
- Ensure a high touch candidate experience from beginning to end while owning full life cycle responsibilities.
- Design and lead events to attract talent and drive employment brand.
- Work closely with Human Resources, Hiring Managers, Business Operations teams and all levels of leadership to present hiring recommendations and close candidates.
- Advise managers and executives on building an efficient pipeline and proper workforce planning to reach hiring targets.
- Ensure a high level of data integrity with our ATS and other People systems.
- 7+ years of Recruiting experience,
- 3+ years recruiting for SaaS Enterprise Sales positions
- Proficient knowledge of benefits, compensation and country requirements for our rewards programs
- Ability to wear multiple hats, representing multiple perspectives to advocate on behalf of the company as well as the local office.
- Prior experience working with teams located in multiple cities and countries
- Self-starter, self-motivated, comfortable working in a remote office
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Measured success from sourcing and closing passive candidates
- Must speak and write English and Japanese
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage as you support one of the fastest growing offices in the company
- BA/BS degree required
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top