(Senior) Product Manager - Search
Slack is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead feature development for our Search team. The goal: make companies dramatically more productive the more they use Slack. Slack should make all the knowledge within companies organized, ranked, and fast to search.
You should have a strong technical foundation and experience building products that rely on search ranking, data quality analysis/algorithms, content recommendation systems, and/or machine learned models. You’re constantly coming up with great new feature ideas and thinking critically about which of them will make the biggest impact. You know how to measure and interpret the results of your team’s efforts. You love working in teams, side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You easily manage several projects at once. You work great under pressure. You don’t miss deadlines.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, come work at Slack! This position reports directly to the Head of the Search, Learning, and Intelligence group and is based in our new and growing NYC office.
If you were to join Slack, here are the kinds of things you would do over the course of a typical month:
- Figure out what people want; build it as quickly as possible with our amazing engineers and designers; ship it smoothly; make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive; measure impact; grow our company. Repeat.
- Identify needs through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Define product vision and strategy, and inspire people with it across the company.
- Create wireframes to effectively express your ideas. You love the little big details.
- Prioritize your and your team’s work. Manage the backlog of features.
- Ensure we ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace.
- Define metrics for success and failure. Analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
Here are things that we consider critical to being a Senior Product Manager:
- Experience: Leading major product initiatives at a consumer or enterprise product company.
- Bias toward shipping: Proven history of shipping and managing high-impact products with cross-functional teams.
- Experimental: Good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis, and multivariate testing.
- Team player: You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when you have to. You push the pace. You take the blame and pass on praise.
- Parallelize: Must be a self-motivated team player able to work in a small, fast-paced environment without much oversight. You can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently.
- Follow-through: You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Write: Succinctly.
Here are a few extra things that would lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- Education: Academic Background in Computer Science, Design, Econ, Stats, or other technical / analytical / creative fields.
- Technical. Weigh trade-offs and have in depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex engineering systems You have a background working on problems related to search, NLP, ML, or data science broadly speaking.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top