Senior Product Designer, Platform
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help design the future Slack apps. Just like Slack connects people, the platform connects teams with all the tools they need to make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
This person will take on a number of initiatives within the Platform product area, such as making Slack apps more powerful and intuitive for users, developers, and team administrators. The ideal designer for our team is someone who thinks creatively about what users need and who can turn those needs into elegant systems, components, and guidelines that enable developers to create excellent app experiences.
Slack designers serve a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- Working on Platform projects such as:
- Creating new ways for users to initiate actions and workflows
- Creating better ways to view and share files, regardless of what services you use to store and organize them.
- Creating a world-class developer and admin experience for apps
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Work with design leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Interview new product designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top