Senior Platform Researcher
Slack is hiring a Senior User Researcher to work with our Platform team and help design the future of Slack apps. Just like Slack connects people, apps connect teams with all the tools they need to make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. In this role you will lead research efforts partnering with stakeholders in product, design, analytics, developer relations, business development and PMM. This role will involve working both with our end customers as well as the developers who are building on top of our platform. If you’re excited about the opportunity to grow the platform, please apply!
The User Research team aims to improve product value throughout the entire customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures. To do this, we provide research at every stage of the product development cycle, and as a user researcher you are embedded in a product vertical alongside a team of designers, PMs, engineers and other cross-functional partners. In addition to conducting many different types of practical and impactful research, you are also excited about helping to build and maintain the strong user-centered culture at Slack.
Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, with everything in between. The right candidates will be strong researchers, excellent communicators, passionate about technology, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of Slack. You'll help us conduct best-in-class research in order to better deliver on Slack’s mission: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
- Gather and prioritize key questions from product, design, engineering, and developer relations teams.
- Plan and conduct practical and impactful research throughout the entire product cycle, to answer the questions posed above.
- Gather insights about customers and developers from a variety of research methods, including surveys, interviews, diary studies and usability studies.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner.
- Work closely with the product teams to help them use research insights to make Slack better.
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our Platform.
- Act as an internal evangelist for customer and product research.
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience
- 5+* years industry experience
- 3+ years platform research experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Highly effective collaborator and communicator
- Willingness to "get your hands dirty" doing a wide variety of research-related tasks, including recruiting participants
*Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top