Senior Manager, Success Services
The Senior Manager, Success Services is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader customer success and sales organization. This role leads the strategy and execution for our Success Services team to ensure the successful roll out and adoption of Slack across our customer base in the AMER market. This role focuses primarily on driving success within our large customer segment (Enterprise) but they will advise and consult on programs for the small and medium customer segment (SMB). The focus of this role is to build a Success Services team that can co-sell implementation and onboarding services to key enterprise customers to help reduce risk and accelerate deployment and usage. This includes engagement management, technical architecture, change management and training resources.
The candidate will understand services team roles, processes and paths to success and help define this within the broader customer success and sales organization. They will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor to use Slack most effectively. At a team level, they will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align customer adoption and resources with our product roadmap. The candidate will ensure their team successfully drives forward Slack’s key performance metrics. Additionally, they will work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the broader sales organization to drive success for both customers and Slack.
This role needs to communicate effectively with customer executives and articulate the value proposition of the Success Services team and approach. This includes presentations during the sales cycle as well as scoping and presenting proposals and statements of work. Collaboration across multiple internal departments, the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoying the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment are also key to the position. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join in the early stages of a rapidly growing technology startup.
- Build and Manage the Success Services team so each team member can succeed
- Coach, train and develop a core project team
- Build a team that wins, has fun and lives the Slack values
- Develop a Success Services strategy for the AMER market
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics
- Prepare and educate your team and customers on roll out and on-boarding best practices
- Monitor and identify on-boarding trends (successes and issues) for the team and customers
- Collect and summarize feedback from across the Success Services team
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Sales and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion and renewals
- 8+ years of Services experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- 5+ years of management experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top