Senior Manager, Product & Platform Analytics
Our Strategy & Analytics team works on global, cross-functional projects that are at the heart of what we do at Slack. As the leader of the Product & Platform Analytics team, you will deliver data and insights that drive decision making, execution and investments for our product initiatives. The role will be responsible for both building and leading a high-performing team, and also delivering a crisp data narrative around our customers and product usage. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication, a willingness to roll up your sleeves and a dedication to make the highest impact possible. We are looking for someone that can think on their feet and thrives in a dynamic environment.
We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to present directly to our senior leadership team. Your impact will be felt immediately!
- Set a compelling vision and prioritize work based on business partner objectives and overall goals
- Lead a high-performing, high-throughput team of talented Analysts, while driving professional development goals of the team
- Partner closely with our Product leadership team to influence planning and prioritization
- Synthesize business insights and communicate a data narrative around product usage, tying this into the overall Slack strategy
- Work with the team to manage the end-to-end process: scope projects, build pipelines and datasets, synthesize results, craft automated dashboards/bots, and communicate an informed recommendation. Jump in when needed!
- Partner closely with the Research team, and when appropriate, align roadmaps and collaborate on projects to answer complex questions
- Build partnership and alignment with our data cross-functional partners, including Data Engineering and Business Intelligence, to author and develop core data sets and empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Play an active role in building a best-in-class team, with a responsibility to contribute best practices and serve as a role model
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
- Build a consultative relationship across the product organization
We strive to build a culture that stabilizes our values and have high standards of execution. We require someone who can:
- Be humble, hardworking and collaborative in order to connect with the team and throughout the business
- Remain focused while working across a wide variety of projects
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses
- 8+ years of data analytics work experience and 2+ years of management experience
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree. Graduate degree a plus
- You use Slack and love emojis
- 2+ years of management consulting
- Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, etc.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top