Senior Manager, Privacy
Are you an extraordinarily talented senior manager with real passion for privacy and data protection? Are you lovely to work with? If so, come join the Privacy and Data Governance team.
New questions and scenarios arise every single day, and we need an agile problem solver with an expertise in privacy to help craft policies and processes that will scale with our business and the global regulatory landscape. You will lead a small team of policy experts who provide privacy mentorship to all teams within Slack, and who ensure that our policies address our customers’ needs and our own compliance obligations. Your main focus will be on the operations and success of the overall privacy program, including mentoring and growing the team. Does this sound like you? Come join our team at Slack. We're just getting started. And we're nice. :)
- You will manage a team of policy experts who specialize in privacy, data protection, and data governance.
- You will lead the operations and daily management of the global privacy program.
- You will evaluate new product features and provide privacy mentorship that will help mitigate risk while supporting business objectives.
- Partner with internal teams such as Legal, Product, Security, Sales and Customer Experience to identify policy and privacy issues, propose solutions and translate practices into official procedures.
- Raise awareness of internal policies around privacy and data protection across Slack’s global team.
- You are comfortable with legal policy frameworks and enough technical knowledge to answer detailed customer questions.
- You are an excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- You have extensive professional experience in global technology privacy and data protection
- You have experience establishing or running a privacy program at a global technology company.
- You can lead through influence in a multi-functional work environment
- Experience working with a broad array of cross-functional partners
- Experience leading a team
- BA degree
- You are an active Slack user
- You love emojis
- JD, MPP or other advanced degree
Back to top