Senior Manager, Customer Marketing
Slack is looking for a talented and dynamic Senior Manager, Customer Marketing to build a best-in-class customer marketing program that drives deep customer relationships and expansion.
At Slack, craftsmanship is at the core of everything we do, including bringing the voice of our customers to our communications and sales cycles. In this role you will shine a light on our customers’ enthusiasm and success to inspire existing customers to realize more value out of Slack and encourage prospects to adopt Slack within their organizations.
This role provides an incredible opportunity to execute your leadership skills, own a strategic part of the business, and ultimately foster customer advocates for Slack. In this role you’ll need to lead and motivate the stakeholders required to make great customer programs successful. You’ll be comfortable building a strong rapport with executives and customers, as well as Sales, SEs, CSMs and product teams to get the job done in a global and fast-paced environment.
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication for in-person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences and awards programs
- Connect with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle
- Identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives
- Partner with Customer Success to increase renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Manage Slack’s customer reference program. Work with Sales and Customer Success to identify top reference accounts and cultivate champions; work with PR and Content to create strong customer case studies, quotes, references, stories based on business priorities
- Become the go-to expert in existing customer data & stories to help create effective marketing assets that can be leveraged in our highest priority marketing campaigns
- Develop customer lifecycle campaigns that educate customers about the value of Slack and how to use our product to meet their needs
- Assist with the creation and management of customer advisory boards, along with engaging customers for reviews and feedback
- Measure and iterate customer marketing efforts across the entire sales funnel
- Closely monitor the program and identify opportunities to continuously optimize and scale it
- Ensure a positive customer experience for our customers in day-to-day activities and advocate for our customers internally
- Manage agency partners in the execution and optimization of marketing initiatives
- 8+ years marketing experience with at least 5 years in a senior customer marketing role inside a B2B SaaS technology company
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Deep understanding of B2B SaaS marketing strategies and techniques
- Great customer and executive stakeholder communications skills
- Creative and resourceful thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity
- Experience leading and mentoring teams
- Proven ability to manage external resources and work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales and Customer Success
- An inclination toward measurement; understanding of analytics and CRM tools
- Bachelor's degree is required
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top