Senior Manager, Corporate Public Relations
Slack is the leading global collaboration hub that makes people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of every kind use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. We provide a transformative experience and we care deeply about how our customers relate to our brand, and our product.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Public Relations is critical to our success: you will help build and execute thought-leadership and corporate communications campaigns in support of our business objectives. You will be critical to expanding our corporate communications function. Your role is essential in helping to evangelize our broader corporate narrative to key media audiences and influencers around the world. You are a master storyteller and will help identify how, when and to which audiences to engage. We seek a creative self-starter who inspires confidence!
- Media Relations:
- Lead media relations outreach for key corporate activities (executive, leadership, business and corporate announcements)
- Help spearhead the development and evangelism of our corporate narrative; partner closely with international counterparts to ensure program can be leveraged/executed globally
- Develop strategy and lead execution of crisis communications
- Partner closely with Marketing, Finance, Legal, Policy and others on corporate-wide cross functional initiatives
- Work with our in-house and agency teams to execute on corporate thought-leadership campaign
- Executive Communications:
- Partner with the in-house team to develop and execute on executive communications programs for key members of the leadership team
- Develop executive briefing materials and continue build out our executive speakers’ program
- Staff key executive opportunities (speaking and media opps) as necessary
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for corporate PR (10+ years experience)
- Agency/In-house enterprise software communications preferred
- Critical thinker; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- Hunger for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Passionate about Slack and about learning about how work is evolving
- Demonstrates exceptional writing skills
- Collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling
- Skilled at managing up, prioritizing and setting expectations as needed
- Open and effective communicator; someone who is not afraid to throw out an idea or challenge an existing one to help advance Slack’s mission
- Curious; eager to learn and open to trying new things
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unphased by change whenever it happens (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly!)
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Ariel aims to understand and provide the proper tools for the learning needs of every single employee in the company.
Back to top