Senior Frontend Engineer - Search, Learning & Intelligence
The Search, Learning, & Intelligence (SLI) team at Slack is looking for experienced frontend engineers to help build features that make Slack smarter the more companies use it. Our goal is to help users feel less overwhelmed by Slack’s information avalanche and give them superpowers to find fast answers — whether from their coworkers, search, or bots. We’re hiring engineers to help us build scalable, reliable data-driven product features and the services and infrastructure that back them.
We are also very nice people and happy to help you learn what you need to know to work at Slack.
A Typical Week
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
- You'll collaborate with SLI Engineers to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
- You'll learn about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- You'll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with jQuery, Handlebars, or LESS
- Experience with React
- Experience with WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience designing web sites or applications
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top