Senior Business Systems Developer - Integrations
Slack is looking for a Senior Business Systems Developer to help us build robust integrations to 3rd party Enterprise Systems used across our different business organizations at Slack such as Marketing, Sales, Finance, Legal and HR. We are building high quality integrations, as well as testing and monitoring applications in a variety of languages such as Ruby, NodeJS, PHP and Python. Our backend stores include MySQL, Postgres, Hive and Redis. This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the development manager.
- Build data integrations across applications for reporting purposes.
- Automate workflows in our 3rd party iPaaS writing custom connectors and workflows, as well as write Slack Bots and Apps.
- Collaborate with other teams across Slack to gather requirements.
- Come up to speed on 3rd party business systems and their API’s.
- Build a new integration, with documentation and tests to support our large-and-growing employee base.
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
- You have experience building enterprise grade integrations with an eye towards performance, scalability and security.
- You’ve been building integration professionally for 5+ years and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., NodeJS, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java (used with and without frameworks).
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to others is no problem for you.
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others.
- You know how the web works. You know HTTP and TCP/IP and what a good API looks like.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- When things break -- and they will -- you are eager and able to help fix things.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday and/or Marketing Cloud.
- Experience implementing a GraphQL server.
- Experience using PHP or Ruby without a framework.
- Experience with Hive/Presto.
- Experience using the Slack API and writing bots.
- Solid competency with SQL (ideally in a federated database environment; MySQL a plus) and browser technologies.
- Experience with SOLR, Redis, and Neo4J.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems.
- Experience in a startup environment.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top