Senior Analyst, Data Analytics
Slack is looking for experienced analysts to join our Product Analytics team and help drive the understanding, growth, and success of the product. The right candidates will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with a nascent data infrastructure to identify, monitor, and impact key metrics and help us make better decisions. They will be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact from a new team.
We're looking for analysts to fill roles across Core Product, Enterprise, Platform and Growth.
- Use data to inform and influence the direction of the product team roadmaps and inform business decisions
- Partner with product teams to define goals and identify key metrics for existing features and new releases
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Marketing to rapidly design expriements and iterate on results
- Improve our understanding of patterns/trends in user behavior and find new product opportunities
- Build automated dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of key metrics and experiment results
- Work closely with Data Engineering to author and develop core data sets to empower operational and exploratory analyses
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Minimum of 6 years experience writing production datasets in SQL/Hive OR building internal/production data tools for ETL, experimentation, or exploration in a scripting language (Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A solid grasp of common statistical applications and methods (experimentation, probabilities, regression)
- Comfort with basic HTML/CSS/JS
- Academic and/or professional experience in a quantitative field
- Experience in software engineering a plus
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top