Our Security teams support the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers’ data. We recognize and value the contribution security makes to building trust and earning the business of our customers. We take a systemic approach to security, and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do.
As a member of the Security Team, you understand that building user trust is critical to Slack’s success. You are passionate about privacy and maintaining customer confidence. You have the focus and organization to champion the adoption of sound security practices across all of Slack’s business and engineering teams. You get passionate about learning new security tools and hardening guidelines, about building networks and system configuration standards to protect sensitive data, and jump at the chance to use your technical knowledge to answer questions for engineers, administrators, partners and customers. You are happy your work directly impacts the way millions of users, teams and businesses get things done.
- You will partner with operations and IT counterparts to improve network and infrastructure security to better protect customer data.
- You will discover and champion industry methodologies for network architecture and system security.
- You will build and maintain the following information security program components:
- System hardening guidelines for Linux and Windows systems.
- Network security architecture standards for data center and office environments.
- Access control standards for human and service accounts for infrastructure.
- You will support and consult on the following information security program components:
- Infrastructure logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Configuration and change management.
- Use of encryption.
- You will document standards and best practices for network and infrastructure security.
- You will provide consultation and training to administrators and engineers for network and infrastructure security.
- You will participate in security risk assessments and help execute risk treatment plans.
- You will respond to customer inquiries about Slack’s information security program and compliance status.
- You have extensive knowledge of cloud-based security features in AWS or GCP (e.g., VPC, IAM, KMS, et al)
- You have administered Linux and Windows operating systems
- You have implemented information security program elements in a technical company and are familiar with generally-accepted security methods, concepts and techniques
- You have designed, deployed and / or operate secure networks
- You are familiar with the underlying Slack infrastructure including L-A-M-P, Chef, ELK, etc.
- You have used configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- You can work independently, coordinating work across multiple time zones
- You use effective communication with great interpersonal and presentation skills, writing well to translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications
- General understanding of web application architecture
- Information security expert with appropriate credentials
- Excellent time management and related organizational skills
- Experience working with git for source code management
- Experience interacting directly with both enterprise and small business customers
- Some experience with information technology audits and assessments
- Experience working with a broad array of multi-functional partners
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top