Search Product Manager, SLI
Slack is seeking a product manager to lead our Search experience. In this role, you’ll build out increasingly intelligent, comprehensive, and performant search experience. As bigger and bigger companies house more of their company’s institutional knowledge in Slack, searching, navigating, and traversing the archive becomes an increasingly important piece of how work gets done. You will be responsible for identifying the highest impact work, prioritizing that work, and delivering a great experiences.
You’ve got a history of working on search or big data products and enjoy working on complex problems in a complex system. You’re equal parts analytical and empathic -- you can clearly articulate and internalize user problems and back that up with business data. You enjoy working in cross-functional teams and don’t shy away from technical complexity or design challenges.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with colleagues in other product pillars to build a model for how search interacts with our platform, core product, and enterprise needs
- Manage the daily workflow with a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving
- Create and maintain your team’s roadmap and milestones. Work with your team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority things you can be
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, and marketing leadership
- Own features and prototype plans end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company
What you should have
- Depth of experience working technical products. You can take business requirements and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know how to balance quantitative usage data with deep user insights. You are comfortable with data and probably know a bit of SQL
- Reliable and consistent. You maintain clear documentation, a prioritized backlog, and communicate accurate dates and milestones
- Ability to think big and small. You build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision
- Product taste and craftsmanship. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our search platform
- Leadership. You can influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you
- Written communication that is clear and effective
- Degree in Computer Science, Design, Econ, Stats, or other technical / analytical / creative fields
- Experience building search and machine learning products. You may have worked on a consumer-facing search product in the past
Back to top