Release Manager, Web
At Slack, 8 million users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking an experienced Release Manager to run release programs for Slack’s web application. As Slack grows, it is critical that we develop repeatable, predictable, and scalable methods to release our application safely into production.
In this role, you will partner with product, quality, operations, and development teams to define, build, and scale release processes and capabilities. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion release methodology across the organization. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward quality, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create systems and have a customer-centric mindset.
In short, there is someone at Slack who cares deeply about quality of our release process - and that person is you!
- Identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities, and work across multiple teams and functions to lead the execution of release programs and projects
- Continuously improve release tooling and process to drive predictability and enhance confidence
- Build and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Reliably deliver frequent, stable, high quality web releases
- Measure, monitor, and communicate release metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate tradeoffs, and call out impediments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- You have a strong bias to action and the quality of your execution is exceptional
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across multiple teams
- You have experience coordinating releases for web applications with millions of users
- Proficient in Git, Github, SQL, data analytics, and real time monitoring software
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Product Manager, Search, Learning, and Intelligence
Isaiah works with the Search, Learning, and Intelligence Team to plan features, write specifications, and launch amazing products that help Slack users quickly find what they need to be productive.
Back to top