Release Manager, Mobile
Slack is seeking an experienced Release Manager to drive release programs for Slack’s mobile applications.
In this role, you will partner with product, quality, operations, and development teams to scale release processes and capabilities. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion release methodology across the organization. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward quality, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the opportunity to design systems, and are curious about best practices. You can apply insights from industry research to Slack’s release programs.
You have extensive experience coordinating releases for mobile applications with millions of users.
- Monitor, measure, and communicate release metrics to a broad internal audience
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate tradeoffs, and call out impediments
- Standardize methodologies across the program
- Identify technical and process improvement opportunities, and work with cross-functional teams to implement
- Coordinate external release communications in collaboration with Product Marketing Managers
- Continuously improve alpha, beta, and production release tooling and process
- Create and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Move fast to deliver frequent, high quality mobile releases
- At least 3 years in release management of mobile applications in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Proficient in use of issue tracking tools, Git/Github, and platform-specific app stores
- Expert in app submission, review, and release methodologies, including alphas and betas
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top