Program Manager, Mobile
At Slack, the Program Management team operates as a system of connectors ensuring the effective communication of risks, dependencies, and program status across the company. Our product, which we work in each day, is an open communication platform, and there is a vast amount of information at our fingertips; key changes and decisions need to be thoughtfully synthesized and effectively communicated across the company.
As Program Manager on the Mobile team, you'll be working closely with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and other cross-functional teams to effectively move cross-platform projects from concept through delivery - while at the same time ushering native features and projects to completion. You will be the custodian of documentation, artifacts, and project process within the Mobile program and will traffic all questions and requests.
- Cross-company communication of native Mobile initiatives, including project status, date changes, risks, and dependencies
- Ensuring all responsible parties complete their assignments on the Kickoff, Feature Development, and Release checklists
- Evaluation and management of scope changes - determining the impact to target delivery dates and assessing options for phased delivery
- Representation on behalf of the Mobile organization when meeting with cross-functional partners (Policy, Security, Sales, etc.)
- Identifying and helping to build operational improvements, resulting in faster development and ever improving execution of company goal
- Ownership of cross-team meetings - scheduling, setting agendas, meeting preparation and documentation
- Ensuring the team has everything they need to be successful in the feature development before they need to have it
- At least 5 years in a product organization managing resources, tasks, and workflows
- Previous experience working with Android, iOS, or Windows Phone teams
- Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience required
- Background in managing software delivered across multiple platforms
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones
Back to top