Product Manager, Desktop Apps
Slack is seeking a product manager to help make Slack great on macOS, Linux, and Windows. The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a product manager of desktop applications, particularly those relating to messaging, and has performed well in large and quickly expanding organizations.
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for our desktop clients with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, marketing, accounts teams, and customer support.
- Along with engineering leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable us to launch new features across platforms at a fast clip, while ensuring the stability and overall quality of our native desktop experiences.
- Drive superb execution against plan, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication internally and with customers.
- Prioritize and design features for the millions of customers who use Slack at work every day, all day.
- Product management experience building and maintaining desktop products used by millions of users
- Strong technical background to enable you to contribute meaningfully to projects intended to improve performance, stability, and maintainability; previous engineering experience is a plus
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving, and how people work with Slack on computers
- Voracious appetite for the latest news in desktop software to keep us apprised of new technologies and best practices
- Relentless desire to understand customers
- Deep experience building on Windows or macOS; ideally both
- Natural talent for mediating competing interests and finding creative solutions
- Great track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again
Back to top